The Hostel Regulations 2013 were issued as under for the smooth and proper running of various matters pertaining to the hostel of MPDD:
The course participants and guest speakers of a course or seminar being conducted at MPDD are eligible to stay in hostel.
- PAS and PMS Officers during their departmental examination will be allowed to stay in MPDD hostel on payment of prescribed charges subject to the availability of rooms.
- Family of course participants are not allowed to stay in hostel rooms.
- Rooms will be allotted on twin occupancy basis.
- Charges will be taken as per rates fixed by MPDD management.
- Before check in, the participants shall fill in the allotment forms and accept the terms and conditions set forth by MPDD under these regulations.
Safe Custody of Items
- Boarders should not keep their valuables (i.e. cash, wallet, laptop, cell phones etc) in the hostel rooms.
- Rooms will be opened with duplicate keys in the morning time while Boarders are in classes for cleaning purpose.
- No responsibility will lie on MPDD Administration for the loss of any valuables of the Boarders
Maintenance of Cleanliness
- Responsibility of Hostel Staff:
- Hostel staff will clean all the areas of hostel including rooms and washrooms on daily basis.
- Responsibility of Boarders:
- Boarders shall keep all areas neat and clean and ensure that their rooms are neat and tidy at all times.
Careful Use of Hostel
- Proper use of fixtures, fitting, machinery and furniture in the hostel rooms and other areas is the responsibility of the Boarders.
- Any type of breakage/missing of rooms’ items or hostel items will be charged from the boarder responsible.
Air conditioners will be allowed to be used in the rooms in the following timings:
- Evening - 4pm to 7pm
- Night - 11pm to 7am
All tube lights, bulbs, fans, computers and air-conditioners must be used sparingly and must be switched off before leaving the room.
Air Conditioners timings in the Dining Hall will be as follows:
- Breakfast - 7am to 9am
- Lunch - 2pm to 4pm
- Dinner - 8pm to 10pm
Timings and Safety Precautions
Gym/Sports room can be used in the following timings:
- Morning - 5am to 7am
- Evening - 5pm to 7pm
MPDD will not be responsible for any kind of injury caused due to use of the equipment.
Boarders shall strictly avoid:
- Possession, custody or access to liquor, drugs or intoxicants of any kind, lethal instruments of any description, explosives or fire arms.
- Tampering with machinery or its unauthorized use.
- Adding, abetting or facilitating trespass in the hostel by an unauthorized person under any circumstances.
- Acts involving moral turpitude or cognizable offences.
- Defiance of authority and breach of discipline.
- Acts like abusing, quarreling, fighting, insolence towards others and use of force.
- Indulges in acts which may cause insult or physical injury to the other boarders specially females, officers, staff of the MPDD or any other person.
- Spreading of by word of mouth or written material religious, factional, ethic, political, regional or linguistic conflicts/haltered.
- No pamphlets, hand bills or stickers of any nature shall be distributed/pasted in the hostel.
- Indulge in any kind of political activities including activities pertaining to service associations.
Boarders are required to:
- Maintain complete harmony and peace in the hostel
- Not engage in any activity detrimental to the calm and peaceful environment or against the instructions issued by the MPDD.
- Not use indecent language, undesirable remarks and gestures.
- Not play music, make noise, or indulge in rowdy behavior.
- To wear neat and decent dress, which is acceptable by the public at large? (Shorts and slippers are not allowed to be worn outside the hostel rooms).
- Smoking is not allowed in the hostel area at any time except in the designated rooms and places. (In case of violation Rs. 2000 will be the fine).
- Functions, Parties or other social gatherings in the hostel are not allowed without the prior permission of MPDD Administration.
- Boarders are not allowed to stay the night out on working days without prior permission of the Hostel Warden.
- Boarders are required to stay in the hostel after 11:00 pm.
- The boarders coming after 11:00 pm shall make an entry in the register with the security guard on duty. The names of such late-comers will be brought to the notice of the competent authority.
- The mess shall be managed and supervised by the Hostel Warden.
- Meals will be prepared according to the two weeks menu prepared by the management of the MPDD and displayed on the notice board in the dining hall.
- Meals shall be served only in the dining hall during prescribed hours only. Exception may be made by the Hostel Warden in case of illness only.
- Boarders are not permitted to have private cooking arrangements in the hostel.
- No Boarder under any circumstances is permitted to take hostel cutlery/crockery and similar items to their rooms or out of the hostel.
- The boarders shall report all complaints in respect of food or any other inconvenience to the Hostel Warden immediately.
- If complaints are not resolved by the Hostel Warden then Deputy Secretary Admin may be contacted or then Additional Secretary.
- In case of entirely no response matter may be brought into the notice of Secretary, MPDD.
Violation of any one of these regulations will be viewed seriously and disciplinary action will be taken against the defaulters under these regulations or relevant laws/rules as the case may be.